Unit 9 Data Collection and Analysis
What are some different ways to describe a data set? When would each of these ways be the most useful?
1. Order the following numbers from least to greatest.
60, 11, 27, 45, 32
2. Without a calculator, divide.
720 ÷ 4
760 ÷ 10
3. In your IN9, create and Effort/Understanding/Behavior chart, and rate yourself o a scale of 1-4 on what you think you will do today.
Use the following link to go to A Maths Dictionary for Kids, and look up the following word(s). Be sure to write the definition(s) in your IN9.
1. In your IN9, answer the following question(s).
When calculating how a student is doing, how do teachers describe the data to produce a grade for a student? How do you think grades should be calculated?
2. In your IN9, complete the Effort/ Understanding/ Behavior chart by rating yourself on a scale of 1-4 on how well you think you did in class today.
Complete either Level B (Puzzler Optional) or Level C (Challenge Optional). Write your answers in your IN9.